Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. The title of this is super duper tacky, but you know, whatever.
Since this is the first time that I’m doing this, I’ll explain it to ya. This is basically just a list of ten books that I really, really, really want to read in 2015.
1. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige~ I am a huge fan of fairy tales gone wrong, so this book sounds awesome to me. I read about this is Girl’s Life Magazine (actually a pretty good magazine!) and I was just like “Oh my fucking Saraswati, I need to read this book.” So that’s why this book is on this list.
2. Greenglass House by Kate Milford~ Another book that I read about in Girl’s Life Magazine. This book sounds like one of those books that are so good that you have to cover up the next page with a piece of paper to keep from reading ahead. (of course, I’ll have to read it to know for sure. But I’m pretty sure that this will be one of those books.)
3. Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor~ This is the sequel to The Looking Glass Wars, which is one of my favorite books. Why I haven’t read it yet, I haven’t the faintest clue.
4. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black~ So, Holly Black is my favorite author in the whole wide world. One day, when I was on her website, I saw this book. I said to myself “That book looks so awesome. I need to read it.” So I checked the Cuyahoga Falls Library webpage to see if they had it, but they didn’t. So I requested for them to get it. I did that everyday for a week every time I got on the computer. Then, one day I get on the webpage, and guess what they have! The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black!!!… with two holds on it. I’m still the third person to be on hold for that book. I swear, if I don’t get to read that book soon, somebody’s going to get hurt.
5. The Iron Trial by Holly Black~ Another new book out by Holly Black. This one is still at the library, but I already have two books to read right now, so it is going to have to wait… although I don’t want to wait to read it. Alas, each book must wait its turn.
6. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan~ I already have this book checked out from my school library. It’s a postapocalyptic romance story. I was a little nervous when I realized that, but it’s actually pretty good. I can’t wait to finish the book I’m reading right now so that I can read this one!!
7. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson~ I started reading the Maximum Ride series in middle school, but I never finished it. I don’t know why, and I don’t remember what book I was on, so I’m just going to start from the beginning (*Plus, I’m hopelessly in love with Iggy, so I don’t mind reading these books forever and ever.*)
8. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling~ Okay, this is really embarrassing to admit, but I have never read the Harry Potter series. I always mean to, but I get overwhelmed at the library. I see all those books and I just want to read all of them. So, I should probably read this series. I don’t believe that I am a proper book nerd until I read them.
9. The Kane Chronicles: The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan~ I read the first book in this series, but I never got around to reading the second book. I think the main reason is because I didn’t check out the first book. My mom had gotten for herself, but she didn’t want to read it, and I needed a book to read, and so I read it. And I loved it, because Bast and Thoth were in it, and those are two of the gods I worship (me being a neo-pagan and all).
10. Lookwood and Co. book One: The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud~ This is a book I found on Good Reads. I’m not all too sure what exactly it is about (other than a screaming staircase) but it sounds pretty cool. If it’s not cool, though, I will be very sad.
So those are my 2015 Read-Olutions. What are your’s? And if there are any books that you think I should read, be sure to leave the titles and the author in the comments!!
-Hanna Sophia Mann ❤